Wednesday 27 November 2013

Winter Essentials # 1 - Dry & Dehydrated Skin

Welcome to part one of my Winter Essentials series! Winter isn't really a skin-friendly time. It doesn't matter if your indoors or outside, just like in summer, winter can bring its own wealth of problems for your skin.


Over the next week I will be sharing 5 posts about what you can be doing to make sure your skin looks and feels as healthy and glowing as possible this winter.

Why does your skin feel more dry and dehydrated in winter?


The cold and wind tend to dry out the surface of the skin, that's why you feel tingly when you come in from outside, your skin is trying to regain its circulation.
To make sure we are cosy and snug while indoors we all have the heating cranked up, feels great for us but your poor skin parching! Central heating really does take its toll on your skin!

What changes can you make to rehydrate your skin?

1. Drink water - I know that might seem like a given but seriously, make your self drink extra water. Everyone has their own thoughts on how much you should drink but I think between 2 - 3 liters is a must! If your not a big water drink, try setting a reminder on your phone, seriously try it for a few weeks...you'll thank me then!

2. Get a Hydrating Moisturiser -  My personal Favorite is Clarins Hydra Quench Cream, this also comes in a serum but I find the richness of the cream great for soaking into my skin. Make sure to get the one with SPF, its never a bad thing. Available here for €45

3. Use a Hydrating Mask once a week - Again, incorporating a hydrating mask into your skin routine once a week will really help with keeping your skin looking great this time of year. My favourite one is the Dermologica Skin Hydrating Masque. This takes 7 - 10 minutes to work and you really notice a difference in your skin. Available here for €32.50

4. Invest in a Repair Balm - If your like me and you suffer from dry/dehydrated skin regardless of what time of year it is your skin will be extra sensitive in winter. I find the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm great for those areas in need of some extra moisture, usually around my nose area. Available here for €12.50

As I said my skin is almost always dry and dehydrated so if your the same and use similar hydrating products I would love to hear about what works for you!? Comment and let me know!

Ashley :)
 
Other places you can find me....





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post I would love to hear....