Wednesday 28 August 2013

Bourjois Bronzing Primer - Product Review



I was totally intrigued by the concept of a cream bronzer that you wear under your foundation. If you are familiar with Chanel Universal Bronze, this is more or less the same idea and gives an almost identical result for a third of the price!

The texture of the Bourjois Bronzing Primer is much more creamy and moose-like in comparison the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel making it easy to apply and blend-able. You could go slightly over-board with the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel if you're not careful but with the Bourjois one it melts into your skin. I suppose it really depends what you're after, if you love a deeper defend bronzed look I would say Chanel Universal Bronze would be better but you could always try building the Bourjois bronze up.





Application:

For me, I have been loving the dewy  natural look for daytime in the summer and I found that by using a small amount of this over my foundation I can really achieve that. I find it really easy to apply, I use my fingers to do this although it works well with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I have been using this every day for about 3 weeks now and I have barely made a dent in the tub. When using it under your foundation as recommended by Bourjois you would need to use a lot more of it especially if you like a defined look.


Final Verdict

The Bourjois Bronzer Primer is good for €13, if you don’t like anything too heavy I would definitely recommend this, for a darker more defended look you would need to powder over it quite a bit. If you're willing to fork out the €40 for Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel, I think in the long run you would be better off as you get a lot more product and it's MUCH more pigmented so you can wear it for both day and night looks. If spending €40 on a bronzer is not your thing I would definitely give the Bourjois one a go to see if the cream bronzed look works for you!

What bronzers have you been loving at the moment? I'm on the lookout for a new one so I would be interested to hear what you recommend?



Ashley :)



Other places you can find me....




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post I would love to hear....