Friday 19 July 2013

My Summer Essentials - Number 1 Clarins HydraQuench Cream

The sun has inspired this post! On the very rare occasion that we get sun in Ireland we bring out all the stops... BBQ's, Garden parties, Hitting the beach, Sun bathing the works! Whether your going abroad on holiday or just out and about enjoying the sun in your homeland you need to make sure you have all the things you need to ensure your beautiful self doesn't get damaged.

Admittedly I use a lot of products during the summer months so I am going to write 5 reviews over the next week of all the products I consider my summer essentials!

First up is my skins new best friend! Before now I have been true my fair share of pharmacy branded creams and also high end ones and although the high end ones do feel more luxurious when your using them and can smell more expensive I never really noticed a major difference in my skin.... until now!

Clarins HydraQuench Cream SPF 15






This feels like such a treat to use! It glides on and you can almost feel your skin quenching the moisture in. Occasionally I suffer dry skin around my noise and its always just come and gone but since using this it hasn't come up once!

The formulation is rich and thick but absorbed really easily and feels light on your skin. If your not a fan of thick moistuisers they do a 'cream-gel' formulation that is even lighter weight on your skin.




I am in no way a dermatologist so after further research I found out that the cream contains Hyaluronic Acid which helps the cream not only hydrate the skin initially but through out the day too, this is probably what I love the most about it. While on holiday last month I found that not only did this add moisture to my skin but it also cooled and calmed down any redness.

I will definitely be repurchasing this! I got this at the start of June and judging by my jar I will probably need to buy it again mid to end August. I have never used any Clarins moisturisers before, both my mum and gran-mother have used them for as long as I can remember so I always labeled Clarins as a more mature brand.In comparison to the other moisturisers that Clarins have the price point of €42/£34 is reasonable considering there are some of their creams are retailing at €79/£66.

A teeny tiny draw-back is the jar, its made of really thick glass so is very impractical for traveling however,  it goes with out saying you get what you pay for. If your on the lookout for a new moisturizer I would highly recommend this one!

Tip: Make sure to ask for the cream with SPF in it - there is one with and one without, the one with SPF is better for you especially in the summer months!

Hope you all enjoy the sun this weekend!

Ashley :)

Lets be friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post I would love to hear....